An introductory message from our Chair of Governors – Mrs Barbara Oxley
“I am delighted and proud to have been elected Chair of Governors at Hursthead Infant School. I have been on the Governing Board since 2010 and have been part of both the Personnel and Teaching and Learning committees. I am a retired Stockport Headteacher and enjoyed 40 years working within the teaching profession including class teaching, advisory teaching, SEN and lead senior university lecturer. My ambition for Hursthead Infant School is to ensure all the staff, children and parents are supported and encouraged, not just to maintain the excellent standards that Hursthead Infant School has achieved, but to ensure the school continues to develop further, raise attainment and remain outstanding.”
Mrs Barbara Oxley
The Governing Board meets formally once a term to discuss the Headteacher’s report and matters raised by the Chief Education Officer. The committees also meet termly and their minutes are reviewed and contribute to the Full Governing Board meeting.
Hursthead Infant School's Governing Board (as reconstituted July 2015)
|Category||Term of Office|
|Barbara Oxley (Chair)||Co-opted||1/9/19 – 1/9/23|
|Dawn Moody (Vice Chair)||Co-opted||1/9/19 – 1/9/23|
|Denis Boxall||Co-opted||1/9/19 – 1/9/23|
|Mike Hilditch||Co-opted||1/9/19 – 1/9/23|
|Neil Smith||Co-opted||1/4/16 – 13/3/24|
|Emma Ward||Parent Governor||16/11/20 –15/11/24|
|Sarah Naismith||Parent Governor||1/1/18 – 1/1/22|
|Brian Bagnall||LA Governor||1/9/21 – 31/8/25|
|Sarah McLennan||Staff Governor||30/10/17 – 29/10/22|
Governing Board Committees/Specified Roles
Finance and Premises
Teaching and Learning
|Barbara Oxley||Barbara Oxley|
|Denis Boxall||Denis Boxall|
|Mike Hilditch (Chair)||Dawn Moody|
|Jane Driscoll||Neil Smith (Chair)|
|Sarah Naismith||Jane Driscoll|
|Dawn Moody (Chair)|
Attendance Record of Governors
Governors have excellent attendance at meetings and we have never cancelled a meeting because it was not "quoate" (the number of Governors needed to ensure that legal decisions can be made).
The Core Strategic Function of the Governing Board
The core strategic function of the governing board is
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school, making sure its money is well spent
Register of Interests
Please find below the register of any business/financial interests held by the current Governing Board.
- Mr Denis Boxall is a director of the Kirkstead Educational Trust (Hursthead Junior School)
- Mr N Smith is Head Teacher of Cheadle Hulme School and trustee of The Blackden Trust.
- Mrs D Moody is a teacher at Oldfield Brow Primary School in Altrincham
- Mr Mike Hilditch is the husband of Claire Hilditch who is one of the school's Admin Officers.