Date: 7th Dec 2018 @ 7:57am
Welcome to a wet and windy Week 13 blog!
Rehearsals have been in full swing this week. Everyone is working hard to bring you a memorable nativity performance! Thanks for all the costumes you have sorted. A plan to show you the best place to sit, to get a good view of your child, will be on the door on Monday night and staff will be around on Monday after school to answer any questions you may have.
The next two weeks in school will be a little off the normal timetable, so here's some information for you to add to your diaries!
- All readers and word checking will be done by the end of each week but not necessarily on their usual days due to perfomances etc. so just keep checking the red bags
- Any Christmas cards need to be in class post boxes by Friday 14th ideally
- On the afternoon of Wednesday 19th we will be having our Reception Christmas party. A list of food the children have requested will be given on Monday 10th (to class reps) and further information will be on next week's blog
- A new Next Steps will be sent out in the final week detailing which specific skills to practise with your child over the 2 week break
- PE bags are sent home over the Christmas break, please can you check that they contain a t-shirt, shorts, tracksuit bottoms, tracksuit top and trainers (we do get mix ups as the children are independent) and that they all fit, particularly the trainers! Please note that if you are replacing footwear we do ask for trainers these days rather than the black pumps of old. This is for reasons of safety. Thanks.
More information about the final week of school will be on next week's blog.
As we come to the end of our work on single letter sounds, information will be sent home detailing any letters your child needs to practise. A Phonics Information evening, explaining how we move your child forward in their phonics skills, will be held for parents in January. Details to follow.
The children have been telling us all about their various celebrations at this time of year. Putting the Christmas tree up has been a real favourite!
Whatever you are up to this weekend, take care and.... keeep reading!!
The Reception Team